Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Place Beyond the Pines Trailer #1 Review


Hey guy's, it's Christmas break. I still do have my project but... today I'm going to review the trailer for "The Place Beyond the Pines" which is my most anticipated film of 2013.
Now "The Place Beyond the Pines" follows Ryan Gosling, he's basically a stunt devil and he finds out he has a baby so he has to take care of it? that's all I got from the trailer as of story wise. But a few hours ago I made my list for top 20 most anticipated films of 2013. And "The Place Beyond the Pines" was right at #1

So it was my most anticipated. But I still did really want to see a trailer for it. So when I got on YouTube I just looked at my supscriptions from other people. than I saw The Place Beyond the Pines Trailer #1 and I almost fell of my chair I was so excited. I'm glad to say that the trailer is the best trailer sence TDKR trailer #3 and Django Unchained Trailer #1. If you wanna see my full thoughts keep reading!

The Place Beyond the Pines has a great tone, I really like how it can be dark but it isn't alot. That might sound inconsistent. I just loved the premise and the atmosphere for it I might not have noticed it. But the places they film are so cool. I also love the camera work how it's kind of in CAPS dizzy but not so much it ruins the trailer.
It also has some funny lines and I know it's not a comedy. But there were like 1-2 funny moments. Also Ryan Gosling looks perfect for his role. Maybe he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do stunts but with the baby stress things he is great. Also the cinematography was amazing...

I think the cast is strong. Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, Rose Byrne, Dan Dehaan, Eva Mendes, Ray Liotta, Ben Mendelsohn, and so much more that's a fantastic cast. I think Ryan Gosling is a really good actor. He was in my 2 favorite films of 2011 (1: Drive and 2: Crazy, Stupid, Love.) also Bradley Cooper is in one of my favorite films of 2012 Silver Lining's Playbook which he is fantastic in. Everyone else is great.

Overall, I loved the hell out of this trailer. The atmosphere is great, the premise (of which I know) is cool and the cast is great.

Trailer Grade- 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment