Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower Written Review

Now I know I said I wouldn't have time to do this, but I'm gonna take a break from studying and give you a written review of my favorite film of all time, The Perks of Being a Wallflower...
The Perks of Being a Wallflower follows Charlie, a teen who is starting his first year of college, and he's still getting over his best friends death. But when he meet's new friends Patrick (Ezra Miller) and Sam (Emma Watson) he starts having a life but later he loses his friend's and has to live his past life.

I was dieing to see this. It had a great trailer. The cast was great. Also it looked like a great drama. So to no suprise, I loved the Perks of Being a Wallflower.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a clever, emotional, powerful, gripping, and sweet story. It's an underdog story, I love those. I'm funny! but if you have an underdog story You need likeable characters. Mission accomplished. I loved these characters. Charlie is a sweet, kind and cool teen. Sam is cute and funny. She just play's a character that is usually a cliche character, the love interest. But here, Emma Watson play's Sam so well, the cliche character isn't noticable. Ezra Miller play's an a gay student. He is for sure the main stand out. He act's like a gay. He does it so well, it's not even a peformance.
The movie also has such good drama. It doesn't feel like a film. It feels like real life. The situlations these chracters get into are very realistic and such well filmed. The direction it pitch perfect. It had no flaws. The director is great. There are also some scenes that were spechless, direction wise. The movie just has a great direction! Once again I funny!

The movie also has great dialog. It's very fresh, rich, ect. The dialog is realistic. It's what real high school student's talk about. It has the best dialog of the year. You see stuff that's happens at the age of these student's and you will/have lived it. Also I love the character of Charlie so much, cause he's just like me. He loves to write. That's my goal in life! He is also well acted by Logan Lerman. Logan Lerman should WIN an Oscar for his wondefully speechless peformance.

The reason why I was so pumped for this movie was cause it's related to high school. My two favorite films of all-time hafe to do with high school (This and Superbad) the reason why it is better than Superbad is cause it's more relistic. You never see teens like the ones in Superbad, if you do it's probablly not alot. But it has more relistic characters, dialog, sistulations.

But overall, It's my favorite film of all-time. If it is do I have to say anything else? no.

Final Grade- A (I adore this film very much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment