Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl Trailer Reviews

Each year, movie geeks watch the super bowl, like me; just to watch new movie trailers. For me, that's the only thing I watch the Super Bowls for. Today, I'll be reviewing some trailers that premiered during Super Bowl, the trailers; Iron Man 3, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Fast and Furious 6. Oz: The Great and Powerful, The Lone Ranger.

Iron Man 3

Iron Man 3 is the third Iron Man film. Of course. Anyways I knew they would make a third one it's no suprise. It's Iron Man. Robert Downey JR is like the owner of Iron Man. I wouldn't see a fourth one without him. But I was super hyped for a trailer and I got one and loved it. The new tv spot/trailer on the super bowl is just plain cool. You get kind of a feel where you want to know what happend. If you haven't watched the full one yet watch it. It's score you get to see in it's trailer is awesome. It fits the trailer perfectly. It's action and look of everything is cool. You get one action scene of RDJ aka Iron Man with some others in a plain and it has something happen to it and you see him saving people, cool. You get some old some new. Overall, from a standpoint of a superhero trailer/TV spot. I can't wait for this, it'll be epic.

Trailer Grade- 9.5/10
-----------------------------
Star Trek: Into Darkness
Star Trek: Into Darkness is the newest Star Trek film titled Star Trek: Into Darkness. Now I haven't seen any of the Star Trek movies. I'll SEE THE 2009 film before this one. But still I was ecited to see a trailer for this. It's cast and JJ Abrams. That sold me from the start. Anyways, of what I've heard the films have fantastic visuals. I loved the hell out of this trailer. It looks awesome. You get some great, don, don, don kind of feel. With it's incredible visuals. Chris Pine who is probably one of the most underrated actors today, he's awesome (I enjoyed This Means War) anyways I think everything here looks epic. Can't wait. Most anticipated WIDE RELEASED film of 2013. NOT OF ALL FILMS!

Trailer Grade- 10/10
--------------------------------
Fast and Furious 6

Fast and Furious 6 is the 6th installment in the Fast and Furious trilogy. Which the only one I've personally really liked it Fast Five. I also saw Tokyo Drift and the first one. I thought the first one was solid and pretty fun. But Tokyo Drift was just dull imo. But I love the cars, actors and alot of things that appear in the franchise. Mostly the cars. You have a mix of hot chicks, cars and awesome chases. That's what I like watching. I was actually really pumped for a trailer. Finally got it and I was really satisfyed. I got everything wanted, mindblowing action, cool cars, glances of cast and stmosphere. The cars, action and alot of things look cool. For sure in the top 10 most anticipated of 2013.

Trailer Grade- 9/10
----------------------------------
The Lone Ranger
The Lone Ranger is the newest western film starring Johnny Depp and Army Hammer. Now before the trailers came out I was curious, really wanted to see something. I love Westerns. They're weird but cool. So we got 2 or 3 trailers and this. I really had fun watching it. The makeup/design and slt were really great. Interesting visuals, great cast and cool looking action scenes take it over. I had fun watching the trailer so yah I'm pumped. Looks pretty fun.
Trailer Grade- 8/10
--------------------------------
Oz: The Great and Powerful

Now, when I heard they were making a new "Oz" film I was pissed the fuck off. Really? make a prequel type thing for a classic film that everyone loves. The cast was released I got a bit more curious. Still mad. And just the idea of it made me mad. I liked how they delt with the old first one. One of the best films ever made imo. I do admire the style/look/time period of it but I honestly lost interest once the trailer released. Theres kiddy jokes every where, w/ cgi animals and stuff that don't sound cool. Everyone is wasted with cliche gags and humor. James Franco as Oz will probably be good. So will everyone but I will take this out of my 20 most anticipated films of the year list. It has a chance of being ok. But for now it just looks mediocre. Great cgi feeling. But too much kitty and toliet humor.
Trailer Grade- 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment