Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters Written Review

They're are fairy tales that get made into movies, but not much when they're getting made about witch hunting. Everyonce in-a-while they're are films made like this and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and they're usually one solid one and one bad one. If I put Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters into one it would be solid.
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters follows Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel (Gemma A.) and they're kids who get left by the parents. And they take down a witch like two bad asses. 15 years later they're witch hunters. They are choosen to try and save these kids back from evil witches.

Now I was believe it or not but really really really looking foward to it cause I usually love movies like this. Like I should've liked Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter but I didn't. Anyways it was one of my most anticipated films of the year. I'm really glad to say I loved it.


Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters offers stylized and epic violence, a great storyline which forms into a film that has everything you need in a movie like this. It's violence is executed very well and how they plan it is just so well done. It has alot of gore and over-the-top-violence which I found to be cool. It's script for the most part imo is strong. I found my self consistently laughing and always entertained with everything in detail going on. They're were alot of scenes towards the 3rd act that I was laughing my ass off.
 "We have to save Edward" -Gretel
"Who the fuck is Edward?" -Hansel
that line had me laughing so hard.


It also has a bit of an inconsistent tone that I found kind of frustrating at points on end. It was horror mixed with comedy kind of like Dark Shadows except this didn't fail. I did think the mixed in together well but I think it could have been a bit more inconsistent. Also the witches in this movie are well done, the makeup, and everything. They might be not scary but they were well done. They sometimes do stupid things that made ma laugh. It also has a pretty solid script imo. Also, alot of people are nitpicking the cinematography, I thought it was actually very well shot. They get some really cool shots. They're are scenes that had kind of jarring camera work but for about 80% of the time I thought the cinematography was great tbh.



Overall, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters offers on cool over the top violence, and some of the best chemistry in a long time. Great deal of fun.

Final Grade- B+

No comments:

Post a Comment